Sunday, 18 March 2018

Service

“Can I be of service?” is what I ought to say
Not avoiding doing things, as I do every day!
Why am I reluctant to do things that I ought?
That is not to follow the example I was taught!
Yes I do, do things for others. I try to help them out
But would I if it cost me? That’s where I have a doubt.
I don’t mean that in money. That is an easy way.
Just to ease my conscience I am prepared to pay!
But what about my giving up the things that I enjoy
To do a thing that matters for another girl or boy?
Spending time with others when they have a need
Not doing what I want to in my selfishness and greed!
God it isn’t easy trying to do your will,
Yet I know you love me though I am feeble still!

No comments:

Post a Comment