Thursday, 1 March 2018

A Cold and Frosty Morning

'Twas a cold and frosty morning
And the snow was on the ground.
We'd heard the weather warning
And the tyres made crispy sound.
The sky was blue, the sun was up
And birds were singing clear
I've just enjoyed a steaming cup
And there is naught to fear!
I went to church at half past six
As I do each Wednesday
The rector's up to all his tricks
For it is time to pray.
We pray for all the homeless
And those who're very ill
Though such things seem hopeless
You can fix them still!
With Your sense of peace enfolding
I feel quite serene
I know that Your love I'm holding
With all that that can mean!
I thank you Lord for being
Here within my heart,
For beauty I am seeing
At this morning's start!

No comments:

Post a Comment