Sunday, 11 March 2018

Addiction 

Addiction is invidious with tentacles that bind.
They may not be physical but powerful you will find!
Be it drugs or alcohol or, dare I say it, verse
When you’re in the grip of it there can be nothing worse!
You have had a chocolate and it was very nice
So you have another one despite all good advice!
I know I’m an addict on Facebook every day
I publish lots of poems there so what do people say?
Has what I wrote been popular? Was it liked by many?
Imagine my chagrin and angst if there are not any!
So I’ll have another look a few minutes after
Of course it’s not important (hear my hollow laughter)!
To try to break a habit is very, very hard,
Just ask those who’re betting on the turning of a card!
The first step is admitting  that a problem does exist, 
That we’re so good at hiding it is a bitter twist!
We can fool ourselves for ages. Pretend we’re in control 
But in the end addiction will always take it’s toll!
Ask for help from someone, together you can try
To move towards redemption. You’ll make it by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment