Pain is just the price we pay from bodies wearing out.
Such pain may even stop us from dashing all about!
Things we did when we were young will affect us now
Old wounds become rheumatic, as I’m sure you will allow!
We are not as supple, as we were, when we were in our youth
So straining things is easy and we know it is the truth!
We take our paracetamol as we’re on our way,
Or maybe something stronger, to get us through the day.
We will not give in to anything. We’ll still play our sport,
Though not as quick, as once we were, on a tennis court!
We’re a generation who have lived life to the full
No wars, no unemployment, no deprivation, as a rule,
Our pensions have been paid on time, we can have some fun.
And we should share our happiness with almost anyone.
So when I feel a stab of pain I should still remember
The lucky generation of which I am a member!
I thank God for everything, which he’s done for me
He’s made me the way I am – loved and trouble free!
No comments:
Post a Comment