Total Eclipse of the Sun
We all need special glasses for looking at the sun
“You’d better go and buy some”, they said to everyone.
The moon will pass across the sun at nine on this Friday.
The sun will be obscured by it as it’s on it’s way.
But watching it is dangerous. The ultra violet light
Can cause severe eye damage because it is too bright!
So I have been looking all around the town.
I looked in every Bletchley shop walking up and down!
It seems that no one’s told the shops that they’ll be in
demand
There are no eclipse glasses anywhere to hand!
That made me think of Jesus, our Maker’s only son
He can never be eclipsed. Not by anyone!
The Son of God shines brighter than the brightest star
And He can light your pathway no matter where you are!
And yet you don’t need glasses to look Him in the face
All you need is thankful heart and God’s amazing grace.
I’ll shield my eyes on Friday to stop me going blind
But I’ll still see my saviour deep inside my mind!
No comments:
Post a Comment