Palm Sunday
We celebrate the entry of our Lord into the city
Though He knew that He would get very little pity.
It must have been so bitter sweet to hear the people cheer
Knowing in a few days time they would start to jeer!
Spreading all their cloaks around and waving fronds on high
Little did those people know their God was passing by!
Oh, that I had been there to see you on your ass
It would have been fantastic just to see you pass.
Then in my reflection I realise, to my shame
That when the people turned on you I might have done the
same!
I am not more worthy than any other man
Though I try my best to be as perfect as I can.
Thank God You came and died for me to wash away my sin
And are around to rescue me whatever mess I'm in!
No comments:
Post a Comment