Questioning
I was taught to question at a very early age
Not just to understand what’s written on a page.
I need to know who wrote it and the evidence they used,
The climate of the politics and how people were misused!
What have been the influences on the messages they write?
Where they being tested as to if they’d seen the light?
Has it been a time when speech was really, really, free?
Or were they told just what to think by the powers that be?
If I apply such thinking to the bible and the creed
I may end up in conflict with what has been agreed!
They are an inspiration of that there is no doubt
And if I disagree with them I may get a clout!
I do not quote verbatim for each and every dot
And if I was so tempted I would be a clot!
Instead I read them prayerfully and hear what God may say
As to what they mean for us in this world today!
No comments:
Post a Comment