Six Nations Finale
I really love my rugby, especially yesterday!
Italy were awful and Wales blew them away.
They scored so many tries in the second half
It looked like the Italians were playing for a laugh!
Ireland went to Murrayfield with an awesome task
To win the game by twenty points was a massive ask!
To get a win is hard enough, never mind the score!
To win by such a margin is asking something more!
Ireland all this season have played a solid game,
Their attacking efforts have not set the blood aflame!
I worried they might easily throw the game away
But they were almost clinical in the way they chose to play.
They won by quite a margin but would it be enough?
Now they had to hope the French would do their stuff!
You could not imagine the game that happened then!
It was no place for pygmies. only supermen!
Waves and waves of brilliant, ferocious, stunning play
And loads and loads of tension to make me old and grey!
As the points count mounted with every thrilling try
Sometimes I would want to cheer at others I would cry.
The French would not admit defeat. They gave the match their
all
And in the end the points count was much too close to call!
The Irish had the championship when everything was done
But in the end it was the game of rugby that had won!
No comments:
Post a Comment