Resentment
I’ve nurtured some resentment over many, many years
Of times when folk belittled me and even caused some tears!
There were some situations I’d go over in my mind
Blaming lots of people for being so unkind.
Lately I’ve been thinking that perhaps there was a cause
Was I maybe showing off? Looking for applause?
On mature reflection I can now plainly see
That blame for all those incidents might really rest with
me!
Though I’m pretty insecure my façade can be quite brash
And might appear to others that I am being flash!
To take me down a peg or two they might feel worthwhile
And if I was resentful, it only made them smile!
With this brand new insight I now can be content
They were doing nothing that I ought to resent.
That I have been insufferable I can now regret
So maybe, with this thought in mind, I can now forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment