Monday, 9 March 2015

Disappointment

“It takes a disappointment to make you grow”, they say.
Maybe England cricket will think about today
And learn a lesson from it that will last for years
Or will the whole sad episode merely end in tears!
To lose a match to Bangladesh will shock the ECB
They’ll be apoplectic as only “suits” can be!
But will they recognise the blame that they should take
Getting rid of talent could just be a mistake!
I know he wasn’t old school and had the biggest head
But when you banished Pietersen, who would play instead?
I’ve followed English cricket throughout all my life
It causes me no pleasure to see them in such strife.
Ok, I’ll follow Ireland for the rest of this world cup.
They have had their victory and another may come up.
Not a chance of winning but at least I know they’ll fight
To submit in abject apathy is never, ever, right!  
 “It takes a disappointment to make you grow”, they say.
Maybe England cricket will think about today   

No comments:

Post a Comment