Friday, 13 March 2015

Getting Ready

When Susie went to Cornwall she made it pretty clear
That I should clean the bathrooms while she wasn’t here!
She likes it very tidy when she comes back again
Though I find that housework goes against the grain!
I’d rather play my sport all day and browse the internet
But I know that if it isn’t done she’ll really be upset!
So I’ve worked this morning to get the housework done
Not making it last minute, completed at a run!
That really got me thinking about our Lord’s return
Have we been conscientious for His praise to earn?
Or like an errant husband will we still delay
Until we get the message that He’s really on his way?
We know we should be better and get rid of all the mess.
The sin and shame inside us would cause Him such distress!
Do we love our brothers the way He told us to?
Or are we really happy to leave them in a stew?
He’d hate to see the hatred that’s rampant in our hearts
And the way we do not care for distant, foreign parts.
Do we care for Moslems and those of other creeds?
Or do we sit in judgement when we don’t like their deeds?
Do we love the people whose sexuality
Is not as straightforward as it is for you and me?
Get on your knees and join me in a fervent prayer
Let’s do the things we’d want to do if Christ was standing there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment