Saint John
I’ve never really liked Saint John, his gospel is a riddle,
Yet when our Lord is crucified he’s right there in the
middle!
He is around to comfort and support our Saviour’s mother
But he claims our Lord loved him, more than any other!
I suppose that is the reason why I found him hard to take
It seemed like glory seeking by someone on the make!
And again, he got his mother to ask for Jesus’ favour.
All in all, that left me with a very bitter flavour!
On the other hand he had the guts to stand at Simon’s side
And argue with the council, not run away and hide.
Of course his Revelation is a very lovely dream
Of how we’ll end up happy, like the cat who’s got the cream!
I suppose, just like the rest of us, he was both good and
bad
And perhaps I am just jealous of the privilege he had.
He was there to listen when Jesus told his tales
Of our Heavenly Father and the love that never fails.
I would have loved to be there to hear our Saviour speak
I would have loved to be there to hear our Saviour speak
Not have his words translated from Aramaic to Greek
Then from there to Latin and then our native lingo.
Then I’d know His meaning without linguistic bingo!
No comments:
Post a Comment