Thankfulness
I must thank my Maker for what He’s done for me
I’m living in a country that is rich and free.
My life has been as happy as any life could be.
I can make a joyful noise if slightly out of key!
I have been in mountains sliding down a scree
Walked by many rivers and picnicked on the lea
And all my life I have enjoyed being by the sea.
I gasp in awe and wonder at the beauty I can see.
When young I had the energy to climb the highest tree.
In one sport or another I’ve flitted like a flea.
Rugby, tennis, cricket or hitting off a tee.
Having kids and grandkids has filled my heart with glee
Sure there have been hard times. One or two or three!
But I’ve had enough of everything, no need for any plea.
I will thank my Maker on grateful bended knee!
No comments:
Post a Comment