Wednesday, 20 May 2020

Temptation 

In LIDL or in ALDI the product looks the same
In my urge to find it I am not to blame.
In among the chocolate bars, in confectionery, 
Is the bar of total bliss that appeals to me.
I’m searching for its wrapper, pink beside the green,
You have to search quite carefully it isn’t always seen!
Ah, there it is beside the mint, I see a bar or two.
I hope nobody’s watching me I want to grab a few!
When I get them home again I start to get the urge.
It’s a deadly craving that only this can purge!
I strip the plastic wrapper and break a square or two
I know it’s very greedy, but only this will do.
I bite through the chocolate into the dark pink gel 
The taste is quite incredible as is the fragrant smell!
It titillates the taste buds until they will implore 
My fragile self-denial that I must have more!
Turkey is the origin of this true delight 
Which, for me resisting, is a never ending fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment