Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Today

It’s a fine and sunny day
And later I am going to play
With my golf society
Behaving with sobriety!
My golf is neither good nor bad
But hitting balls just makes me glad
First I’ll strive with might and main
To read some verse and entertain.
It’s a privilege. I know that well.
And why they ask me I can’t tell.
I love to write a verse or two
And who’s to know what may ensue
Perhaps someone who’s on the brink
Will read a verse and stop to think.
I like to think I cause a laugh
When I write something truly “naff”.
Or when my writing’s more sincere,
Then food for thought, or quiet tear!
The results are not for me to see
Be they sorrow, warmth or glee.
My God has given me this gift
That hopefully some spirits lift!
Today I will enjoy the sun
And reading verse is always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment