Old Friends
We spent a lovely evening with friends from long ago
Swapping news and stories of people we all know.
We had not met for ages but it did not feel that way
Even though all four of us are getting old and grey!
We had a meal together and a most relaxing chat
Sharing all our memories and thoughts of this or that.
Finally we went to bed. They gave their room to us
Even though we told them we didn't want a fuss.
I lay in bed reflecting that's the way that it will be
When my loving Saviour again meets up with me!
I will be warmly greeted and made to feel at home
Sharing all the things I've done on my earthly roam.
I know that He's prepared for me a warm and cosy place
And I will have the joy I yearn of meeting face to face!
Swapping news and stories of people we all know.
We had not met for ages but it did not feel that way
Even though all four of us are getting old and grey!
We had a meal together and a most relaxing chat
Sharing all our memories and thoughts of this or that.
Finally we went to bed. They gave their room to us
Even though we told them we didn't want a fuss.
I lay in bed reflecting that's the way that it will be
When my loving Saviour again meets up with me!
I will be warmly greeted and made to feel at home
Sharing all the things I've done on my earthly roam.
I know that He's prepared for me a warm and cosy place
And I will have the joy I yearn of meeting face to face!
No comments:
Post a Comment