There is a large Magnolia Tree in St Mary’s yard
It is so magnificent to beat it would be hard.
The blossom in the springtime takes my breath away
And I am so spellbound I don’t know what to say.
Sparkling in the sunshine it is a wondrous sight
And in the early morning it seems to glow with light.
The blossom does not last for long but while it is around
You marvel at creation and it’s beauties, which abound.
When the blooms have faded, it’s branches still spread wide
And all St Mary’s children climb in it to hide.
They have for generations and each succeeding year
New children find adventure, for they have naught to fear.
Thus we see God’s playground with the tree His climbing frame
And you can feel God laughing and joining in the game!
I thank God for His bounty and the good things that I see
And high among my favourites is that old Magnolia Tree
No comments:
Post a Comment