Saturday, 18 March 2017

Orchestral Music

Last night I went to Coventry to a concert there.
To hear some heavenly music floating in the air.
The crotchets and the quavers mean nothing to my mind
For to written music I am well and truly blind.
The names of all the instruments I knew but have forgot
For portions of my memory are now just like a blot!
I cannot play an instrument, not a single note
For skill as a musician I really missed the boat!
Yet I just sat transported as the music filled my ear
And long before it finished my heart was full of cheer.
I’ve attended many concerts since I was a child
And it doesn’t matter if it’s serene or wild.
The thoughts evoked by listening to music so sublime
Send my spirit soaring, forgetting place or time.
I’ll never play an instrument for that was not God’s plan
But I still revere him for creating those who can!

No comments:

Post a Comment