Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Thankfulness

Walking round a golf course on a fine and sunny day
It’s a time for thanking God, no matter how I play!
So all my drives were wayward and I could not sink a putt
But I had that happy feeling at the bottom of my gut.
OK, there was some frost at first, but then the sun came out
There was a stillness in the air and spring was all about.
The birds were singing merrily, the squirrels skipped along
And I felt like joining in nature’s springtime song.
God gives me good companions to share a laugh or two
And I just feel thankful no matter how I do!
I may be getting older and suffer the odd pain
But when I look around me the message is quite plain.
God is in his heaven and he made all this beauty
To praise him for His wonders is a pleasure not a duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment