The Past
I've just spent a sleepless time in a nightmare from the past
Which goes to prove that mental scars are the ones which last!
I know I cannot change a thing. What is done is done!
And mithering on might have beens isn't any fun!
Yes! If I'd been stronger my mind would now be free
But that is so much hogwash, I can't help being me!
I don't worry for the future. That's in the hands of God,
So why do I relive the past? It does seem rather odd!
I know I've been forgiven for all the things I've done
So I pray that you release me from another dire re-run!
Which goes to prove that mental scars are the ones which last!
I know I cannot change a thing. What is done is done!
And mithering on might have beens isn't any fun!
Yes! If I'd been stronger my mind would now be free
But that is so much hogwash, I can't help being me!
I don't worry for the future. That's in the hands of God,
So why do I relive the past? It does seem rather odd!
I know I've been forgiven for all the things I've done
So I pray that you release me from another dire re-run!
No comments:
Post a Comment