Thursday, 9 March 2017

The 3 Cs, Contemplation, Compassion & Courage

I contemplate the bible and elevate my mind
And it is amazing the things that I can find
It is not the printed words that fill my mind with joy
But knowing that God’s love is there for every girl and boy!
He sent his son to save us so we could really be
The conduit for His great love to set all people free.
So I must feel compassion for those around in pain
For it is my mission to set them free again.
Feed the hungry, heal the sick and save the refugee
Not sit around in comfort in a sort of holy glee.
I must have the courage to stand for what is right
Not cower in my chapel quivering with fright.
Do the things that must be done and never shirk a task
And if I see a man in need, he shouldn’t have to ask!
Oh, how I long to be the person that my God would like
Instead of being mealy mouthed and never on my bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment