Saturday, 12 April 2014

Truancy

Sue and I played truant from Spring Harvest yesterday
We went to the Big Start up and then just crept away!
We walked down into Minehead and we caught the train
It really felt romantic using steam again!
We went along to Watchet and had a walk around
Then hurried to the station as we heard the whistle sound.
We next got Off at Dunster and went to see the castle
Walking round the gardens wasn’t any hassle.
We had lunch in a beer garden then sauntered down the hill
Arriving at the station with half an hour to kill.
Back at last to Minehead we learned it was our fault
They’d tried for a world record and it had not been got!
Mind you they were two hundred short so we were not alone
I wonder with what penance we can both atone.
I have to say the weather was as good as it could be
Maybe God was happy that we had been set free?

No comments:

Post a Comment