Puzzlement
How long, O Lord, will you stand by and see Your world
destroyed?
While chancellors feel quite secure and curse the
unemployed.
I can never understand why the wicked thrive,
And even when they’re spotted they can duck and dive.
How can you allow it, Lord, that cruel men hold sway,
And those who do the things You like all fall by the way?
Surely You have noticed that the rich ignore the poor?
The strong will victimise the weak and throw them out the
door?
Good men raise their voices but the powerful are too bored!
The oppressed cry out for justice but often they’re ignored!
I am really puzzled Lord and cannot really see
Why you let all this happen but you still love me!
Yet for all my puzzlement I know You are our friend
And all will happen as You planned, if only at the
end!
No comments:
Post a Comment