Childlike or Childish?
If I listen to St Paul
I can get quite confused
In fact some of his homilies
Leave me quite bemused
He says that we should grow up
And leave our youth behind
It seems that as an adult
We should use our mind!
When we were all children
We thought as children do
But now that we are older
We can’t be childish too!
And yet my Lord and Saviour
Took a little child
As a prime example
Of one who’s meek and mild.
He said that if we want to be
Raised from earthly dust
We need to be like infants
In the way we trust
Ok, there is a difference,
As anyone can see,
Between a worthy childlike trust
And how childish we can be!
My childlike trust in God above
May seem, to some, childish
But that I should stick with it
Is my dearest wish!
No comments:
Post a Comment