The New Arrivals
I remember very well when my girls were born
One was in the afternoon and one in early morn.
After a night of torment my eldest did appear
And though we both were very tired we gave a little cheer.
I drove back from the hospital and cried for all to see
That miracle that had appeared was a part of me!
I went off to work that day and couldn’t help but grin
Even though, quite naturally, I was quite done in.
I was called at lunchtime when my youngest made her play
And finished off my lunch before I started on my way!
I arrived in time to share the miracle of birth
And as I travelled homeward I cried for all I’m worth.
Both girls have been a joy to me from that day to this
With only minor incidents to stir our family bliss!
As I look back through all the years I thank my God above
For my wife and daughters, whom He gave me to love!
Now we are all God’s children through Jesus’ sacrifice
And I know that always his bounty will suffice.
For I know He’s loved us from the day that we were born
That is the resultant of that happy Easter morn.
No comments:
Post a Comment