Saturday, 9 April 2016

Sleep
I didn't get to sleep last night, not a single wink!
Now I'm like a zombie and I've lost the power to think!
I tossed and turned for ages and moved from side to side 
But the nymph of sleeping had gone away to hide!
My mind was all a jumble. Thoughts were never deep
The only thing I thought of was a great desire to sleep!
Normally when I need to sleep I think of things to pray
Or I might even think about what happened yesterday.
That's how I find the things to cover in an ode
I might as well have tried to break that old Enigma code!
Ok I can now think about that choral Eucharist 
In the cardboard Minster with that brilliant organist.
If you ever get the chance have a little peep
But at the moment all I want is to get some sleep!
However we are travelling the Transalpine Express
I need to watch the landscape designed to impress!


No comments:

Post a Comment