Perspective
I am
still the person that I was just yesterday
Though I have been losing time while I'm on my way!
The international date line is a little much for me,
Equivalent to telling me that two and two is three!
Los Angeles is different. A rambling urban sprawl
With enormous beaches and sunshine over all!
Bits of it are glamorous but mostly pretty tatty
And lots of noise and bustle enough to send you batty!
I can see the contrasts, the rich and very poor.
Lots of people sleeping rough outside every door!
The land of opportunity it must seem to be
But only if you're fortunate to be both rich and free!
I can see the poverty, my heart is full of pity
For those people down and out in every major city.
Lord, you died for everyone and not just for the rich
So how come for some people life is just a bitch?
As I think about your sacrifice and all that you have done
I feel that there still needs to be love for everyone
Though I have been losing time while I'm on my way!
The international date line is a little much for me,
Equivalent to telling me that two and two is three!
Los Angeles is different. A rambling urban sprawl
With enormous beaches and sunshine over all!
Bits of it are glamorous but mostly pretty tatty
And lots of noise and bustle enough to send you batty!
I can see the contrasts, the rich and very poor.
Lots of people sleeping rough outside every door!
The land of opportunity it must seem to be
But only if you're fortunate to be both rich and free!
I can see the poverty, my heart is full of pity
For those people down and out in every major city.
Lord, you died for everyone and not just for the rich
So how come for some people life is just a bitch?
As I think about your sacrifice and all that you have done
I feel that there still needs to be love for everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment