Saturday, 9 April 2016

Friends in Christ
I'm sitting on a ferry going over yesterday
It was most enjoyable I am pleased to say.
We took a little cable car and then walked through a park
Tempting greedy sparrows with crumbs just for a lark!
We met a lass for coffee who left our shores last year
And gave her news of those at home who still hold her dear!
Then we took a train trip up to Waikanae 
To meet a lovely family who came out here to stay.
It was as if they'd never left there was a lot of chat
Talking of our friends at home, of God and this and that!
All of them are friends in Christ in their new surrounds
As one of them's a vicar I guess he has some grounds!
We talked of life in Bletchley, the church they left behind,
And knew we were a family of a very different kind.
We have God as our Father and Jesus as our friend
And have the Holy Spirit with us till the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment