Saturday, 9 April 2016

Easter Sunday
It is Easter Sunday and I haven't been to church
But I have not left my Saviour in the lurch!
No rousing dawn Communion, no singing in the aisle
But I have to tell you I communed in style!
I know my Lord has risen, praise be to God above
But I have seen more evidence of his power and love!
My head was full of wonder and my heart was full of joy
As I saw God's greatest sculpture. I was a lucky boy!
God has used a river to create such awesome sights!
They'll fill my days with wonder and dreams will fill my nights.
The Colorado river has etched so deep and wide
A chasm in the landscape where it can really hide!
I could not see much river but I knew that it was there
Hiding in the canyon with the rocks so bare!
I have loved the sights I've seen and really I'm in bliss
For I will never, ever see a better sight than this!
Thank you God for giving me this chance to see your art
And in helping with your work let me do my part.


No comments:

Post a Comment