Saturday, 9 April 2016

Rich Tapestry 
Went to church this morning, in the Maori church at nine
Understood the minister, so far things were fine!
Then they started singing hymns we know quite well
But they were sung in Maori
So the words we could not tell!
The sermon was in English but the Eucharist was not
Then my blooming phone went off so I was feeling hot!
The service was a blessing for travellers far from home
Our Lord just keeps a welcome no matter where we roam!
Travelling on to Napier down in Hawkes Bay
We stopped in Hot Springs country on our merry way
We went walking by some geysers feeling very bold.
The colours of the sulphurous shelves were wondrous to behold.
Reds and greens and yellows mixed by God's own hand
In a celestial tapestry I cannot understand.
Yet I do not have to. He gives it all for free
Just to show the beauty of His love for you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment