Self-aware
Give
praises for the humble but you will never see
A
humble person saying just how humble they can be!
The
ones who boast of humbleness sing a different song
“I
have many failings (but I’m never, ever wrong)!”
The
first part may be very true but not what they believe
It’s
just to show humility that others may perceive.
The
part within the brackets they will never state
They
think that it is obvious because they know they’re great!
They
will give their own opinions on everything in sight
And
believe me they can argue that something black is white!
They
are never quiet for they know that, by the way,
Everyone
will want to know what they have to say.
Hold
on! I give opinions! And I’m very often loud!
I’m
certainly not humble so I guess I must be proud!
Save
me Lord from being too proud of my deeds
Let people prick my bubble that's what my ego needs!
Would that I were humble but I know I often fail
And I pray that that won't put me too far beyond the pale!
No comments:
Post a Comment