Lent Once More
Shrove
Tuesday is over, the pancakes are done.
It’s
time for us to think again of Jesus, God’s own son
Some
give up their chocolate, some fast within the day.
Again
I’m going to mark it in a poetic way.
As
I think of my Saviour and the trials that he had
I
remember the ease of my life since I was a lad.
No
major temptations to cause me despair,
Simply,
some castles, to dream in the air.
No
windmills to joust at, no battles to fight
No
major disruptions to give me a fright.
Sure
I’ve had my troubles and times when I fell
But
my Father in Heaven has treated me well.
So
I think in this thoughtful season of Lent
My
time writing poems is really well spent.
I
trust in my saviour to give me the themes
To
advance His Kingdom and further his schemes
I
share them with others not really from pride
But
so they will realise they’ve God on their side.
No comments:
Post a Comment