Friday, 21 March 2014

Budget

I listen to the Chancellor and don’t believe a word
All this party posturing just seems so absurd.
I don’t trust politicians; their record is so poor.
They always claim that they are right. How can they be so sure?
I’m not saying that they’re criminal but they would make a fuss
If their budgets were restricted like the rest of us!
The rich can salt their cash away avoiding most taxation
And I bet their interest rates still outstrip inflation!
It must be nice to live your life and never think of others!
On second thoughts, I’d rather treat all other men as brothers.
Our Saviour lived in poverty and didn’t cheat and lie
Gave His life for all of us. Sometimes I wonder why?
We are such a motley crew and selfish to the core
And yet it seems our failings just make Him love us more!
Let me please be willing to do my level best
To, follow his example and, care for all the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment