You Love Me As I Am
I know I am not worthy for You to call me friend
And yet You make me feel that, I will be, in the end.
You’ve seen me in my blackest moods and known me when I fail
Nothing that I seem to do puts me “beyond the pale”.
I cannot earn Your friendship no matter what I do
Yet I know this perfect love is given, to me, by You.
You could not know me better and yet You love me still!
A worthless, sinful, creature controlled by his self-will.
In my darkest moments I find You by my side
And You can always find me, no matter where I hide.
Lord I will do better! I promise I’ll be good,
With Your Spirit’s loving help – that is understood!
You’ve known my sinful nature since I was in my pram
But though You sit in glory, You love me as I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment