Wednesday, 27 March 2013


Terrorists?


Jesus numbered terrorists among his closest friends.
They supported violence to bring about their ends.
If you don’t believe me, look it up and see.
Simon was a zealot and, just twixt you and me,
His aims were well supported by others in Christ’s crew
Simon ambushed Romans, that’s what zealots do!
I’m sure it wasn’t pretty nor did they play fair
As long as they killed Romans I’m sure they didn’t care!
“I’m fighting for my freedom from an occupying power,
If I was fighting cleanly, I wouldn’t get too far!”
Isn’t that the same excuse that people use today,
Be they Palestinians or the I.R.A.?
Of course our Lord taught differently. His message was of love
He offers peace to all of us from God in heaven above.
Maybe Simon listened when our Master spoke
But he longed to throw off the hated Roman yoke.
Some Christians have been terrorists down through all the years
And always in their freedom fights there have been lots of tears.
Is it not strange to notice that of those who wanted free
The one to do so peacefully was a Hindu called Ghandi!
And yet some Christians tell me that such people end in hell!
I wish that I could follow my Master’s path so well!
I can see the rights and wrongs in every freedom fight
But our Master taught that violence was never, ever right.
Lord, you taught it truly in the Sermon on the Mount.
Let me be a peacemaker and let my efforts count!

No comments:

Post a Comment