Sunday, 17 March 2013


Why?

 

I do not know the answer to many, many things

Yet I have the confidence that knowing Jesus brings.
I cannot really understand why hurricanes occur,
Or why there are Tsunamis, bringing mayhem everywhere.
Earthquakes cause destruction and volcanoes blow their tops
And people are left starving when famine hits their crops.
There is disease and pestilence, which mars our earthly lot.
Is it any wonder that some think God’s lost the plot?
Why does he allow these things? Why can’t he intervene?
Is it that He doesn’t care? Or maybe He’s just mean?
To say he left us free to choose and he won’t interfere,
Doesn’t really fit the bill. In fact it’s nowhere near!
I do not know the answer and I think no human can
And anyone who claims to might be a charlatan.
When I meet my Maker I trust that there will be
A chance to ask Him questions and that He will answer me.
Should I have these questions running round my head?
Would my Lord prefer me not to think instead?
He understands my weaknesses, He understands my doubt
And He knows I trust Him to help me work it out.
So much for all the questions that sometimes fill my mind
But this I know for certain my Lord is good and kind.
He is with those who suffer and He holds them in His arms
And he will guide them safely to the joy of Heaven’s charms.







No comments:

Post a Comment