Friday, 15 March 2013


Thank You


I’ve had reasons to be grateful throughout all my life
And at the summit of the list is my darling wife.
She is my sternest critic and my closest friend
And I will surely love her right until the end.
For this and many other things I thank my Lord above
Who in the good and bad times surrounds me with His love.
He guides me and He comforts me. He fills me with His peace.
The great abundance of His gifts never seems to cease.
I knew Him first when I was small and innocent as well
I know Him now when older, but wiser - who can tell?
I can’t explain the suffering and evil on the earth.
Or why the wicked seem to gain everything of worth.
Of course their gain is worthless if they do not know You,
But yet I cannot understand what You let them do.
There are many questions that perplex my mind
Yet still I know my Saviour that You are good and kind.
I won’t know all the answers until my life is through.
But this I know within my heart, I’ll still keep thanking You.

No comments:

Post a Comment