Wednesday, 13 March 2013


The Price of a Free Bet


I watch the TV often and I am just appalled
At the adverts giving bets away. They are free, so-called!
You can make your bet by landline or on your mobile phone
And if you get in trouble you can always get a loan!
Easy money is around you only have to say
Never mind the interest rates you can’t afford to pay.
And anyway as you must know there’s always PPI
It has been mis-sold to you and compensation’s high!
And if you’ve had an accident we’ll sue them all for free
We will do it all for you, and you’ll not pay a fee!
This constant media pressure to have some easy money
If it weren’t so serious it would be quite funny.
I’ve never seen a bookie going on the dole
So it should not surprise you that they win on the whole!
Taking loans you can’t afford and paying through the nose
Will get you in a deeper mess one really must suppose.
And if you took out PPI you must have had a feel
Of what you were agreeing to when you signed the deal?
Of course claiming damages from everyone in sight
Puts up the cost of everything and surely that’s not right! 
I suppose I have been fortunate that I have had enough
Even when I had no work and life was pretty tough.
I trust my God to give me all the things I need
And I trust He’ll help me to control my greed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment