Tuesday, 10 March 2020

Waiting for the Bus

I had a vivid dream last night, which had me in a fuss.
I was standing in a queue waiting for a bus.
Where I was seemed quite unclear as was the destination.
But as I waited what I felt could have been frustration!
Two four seven was the number of the bus I wanted
And as other buses came I was quite undaunted.
Each bus took some passengers from the busy queue 
Till the queue was limited to me and very few.
Still the two four seven did not come into sight 
It seemed that I’d be waiting maybe overnight!
When I woke the dream was still running round my head
And I could not change it for other thoughts instead!
What the dream was all about I do not really know 
But I began to mither about it even so.
Then the feeling struck me that the number was all wrong
And I should be singing a very different song.
I should be anticipating for twenty-four and seven 
And if I do the waiting will take me to my heaven.
Of course all Christians in this world await the second coming,
And it is a feeling that should have us humming.
Twenty-four hours a day throughout every week,
Anticipating rapture and everything they seek!

No comments:

Post a Comment