Thursday, 26 March 2020

The Heron

I stood and watched a heron on a prefect spring time morn
It was just so graceful that I could not feel forlorn!
Not a feather flickered as his eyes looked for his prey
If a fish would come in view, it would not get away!
There he stood with patience, he only had to wait
Like a human fisherman but with no need for bait!
He waits for his dinner for however long he must.
That he will be satisfied he just takes on trust.
Then I think of humans champing on the bit
When, in a deadly crisis, they’ve been told “just sit”!
Just a few short weeks to stay in comfy isolation 
To do your bit to help to solve a problem in our nation.
Come on! It isn’t much to ask for you to do your part
All your friends and loved ones are still held in your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment