Preparation
In the midst of preparations for our lifetime’s trip,
Doing things so carefully, mustn’t make a slip!
Great anticipation of the things that we will see,
Knowing that our Saviour is watching over me.
With my wife beside me what more could I ask
Companionship, and expertise, for every single task.
Then I think of Jesus as he approached the cross
Preparing all his people for their approaching loss.
They could not understand that he was going there to die
And, if we had been there, nor would you or I!
Lonely preparations for a sacrifice so great
And yet He went so willingly to meet his horrid fate.
He knew what he was facing and he steeled himself to go
We are all so fortunate that Jesus loved us so.
So, in the midst of preparations, I just have to pause
To think about my Saviour for whose death I was the cause!
No comments:
Post a Comment