Grumpy
I used to think the seven dwarfs were only there in fiction
Now I use their characters like a dressing up addiction.
I become like Sleepy when the minister drones on
After twenty minutes my wakefulness has gone!
Like Doc I like to boss the rest in any group I’m in
And think that those who disagree commit some grievous sin!
I may not look like Bashful when I’m about to speak
But for the first few sentences I can only squeak!
I become like Sneezy when the pollen count is high
And when I sneeze I deafen every passer by!
I don’t half feel like Dopey when my mind will not recall
Half the things I want to when I used to know them all!
I am pretty Grumpy when I have to stand too long,
With endless repetitions in each worship song.
Now, Happy is the character I really like to be
Full of fun and loving, as everyone can see!
I think I need a bit of help, so Lord I’d like to pray
That I can be less grumpy each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment