Thursday, 25 February 2016

Impatience

I am quite impatient for I don’t like to be late.
Arriving somewhere after time is something that I hate!
So you will often see me standing at the door
Watch in hand and tapping feet on the wooden floor.
Sometimes I will start the car just to save some time
You would think that being late was some sort of crime!
I like to get there early for I feel it impolite
Keeping others waiting so I’m afraid I bite
I’m asking “are you ready yet?” and hassling to go
You’d think that after forty years my missus ought to know!
But still she tidies up the house till there’s no time to spare
Can’t she see my antics, desiring to be there?
O Lord please give me patience and give it to me now
I don’t really want to have another silly row!   

No comments:

Post a Comment