Sunday, 21 February 2016

Acceptance

As I wake each morning feeling rather sore
Every single part of me aches a little more.
It takes a few more minutes to get me out of bed
All the things I have to do spin around my head.
Then I just consider all the blessings that are mine
I have my health so I just know that I am doing fine.
I have a wife who cares for me, and money for my need
To ask for too much extra would just amount to greed.
I still have all my marbles though some of them don’t roll!
At least not like they used to - more slowly on the whole!
I still manage all my sports and, though I’m not so quick,
I can still remember the odd quite useful trick!
I still like the things I do. Still feeling full of zest.
I’ve so much to be thankful for. I can accept the rest!
Lord I wake each morning, though in the night I snore
And, with my acceptance, I love You more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment