What Next
As soon as one thing’s settled another rears it’s head
I have to leave my home and go to Bethlehem instead!
There’s going to be a census called by those in Rome
And every male must travel to his own ancestral home.
I trace my line to David so Bethlehem’s the place
Which spawned our nation’s greatest king, the hero of our
race!
There is no easy answer. I’m in a fearful stew!
I must take Mary with me though her time is nearly due.
Travelling is dangerous on a rough track with a mule!
You don’t do that, when pregnant, as a general rule!
But people have begun to talk and, as we’re still not wed,
If she were left here on her own, they’d be stoning her
instead!
As long as we’re together and trust in God above
We will travel safely surrounded by his Love
No comments:
Post a Comment