What Am I To Do?
Mary says she’s pregnant and I am not the Dad!
And yet she tries to tell me that she has not been bad!
She says it is a miracle an Angel told her she
Was going to have a baby and the father is not me!
I could just walk away from her and leave her to her fate
I’m feeling hurt and angry but her I cannot hate.
If I tell the rabbi then Mary will be stoned
But if I just ignore it, her sin would be condoned!
If she told me who had been the man who did her wrong
I would make the bastard sing a sorry song!
But she will not tell me. Insists there was no man!
And says that I’ll believe her if anybody can!
How can I believe her? There isn’t any way
Does she think I’m gullible? Born only yesterday!
All this talk of angels, that cannot be true!
I really, really love her so what am I to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment