Sunday, 19 April 2020

Bluebells in the Wood 

Watching all the rain today I’m in a happy mood, 
For I can see, within my mind, the bluebells in the Wood.
We had a walk in sunlight just a mile or two,
Walking slowly hand in hand as all lovers do!
Just cos we’ve been married for over forty years,
There is no need to mock us and you can save your jeers!
The walk was very pleasant with a gentle breeze
We could bask in bonhomie and wander at our ease.
We got to Howe Park Wood at last and rambled all about
And then the sight that met us nearly made us shout!
There beneath the canopy a carpet coloured blue 
Shining in the dappled light as only bluebells do!
Shimmering bluish purple in the woodland scene 
Was a sight to match the best that I have ever seen!
Bluebells in the sunlight on this April day
Fill my soul with beauty and drive despair away.

No comments:

Post a Comment