Thursday, 30 April 2020

Beacon?

Though I am a Christian, can anybody tell?
As a prime example am I doing well?
Do I befriend others and help to share their load?
Am I there to cheer them on their weary road?
Am I always cheerful, helpful good and kind?
Do I have that peacefulness, serenity of mind?
Do I share Christ’s message with everyone I meet?
Do I share my hope in life with strangers on the street?
Ok, I share my poems, the gift that I’ve been given.
But is that enough to show that I’ve been shriven?
I should be like a beacon attracting those around 
But as an evangelist I scarcely make a sound.
Luckily my destiny does not rely on me
And not on the good actions that everyone can see.
My Saviour died and rose again to save me from my sin
And I am forgiven for the state I’m in!

No comments:

Post a Comment