Monday, 25 March 2019

The Bells

I hear the bells each Sunday as I look up at the tower
Calling us to worship at the eleventh hour.
The sound is very joyful and lifts my spirits high
And as I wander in the door I give a thankful sigh.
It is a reminder of the way things used to be
And that our loving Saviour forgives our sin for free!
Of course it wasn't free for Him he suffered on the cross
And His faithful followers could not bear the loss.
But then he died and rose again on that victorious day
A beacon sent from heaven to give a glorious ray.
That light has lasted up till now o'er all the powers of hell.
And I get goose pimples every time I hear a bell.
So keep those church bells chiming it is a wondrous sound,
Which gives a boost to all of us listening on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment