Tuesday, 19 March 2019

Daffodils

Coming from the station into Bletchley Town
There is a sight, in early March, which never lets me down.
As I get to Saxon Street, bus station on my right,
The central reservation fills me with delight.
It’s not just in the Lakelands that daffodils come through,
Their dazzling yellow colour brightens up the view.
It really lifts my spirits as I feast my eyes
But in this urban landscape it is no surprise.
Planted by the council row on row on row,
To give the local people a really splendid show.
We have got our roundabouts and concrete cows as well
But we have nature’s beauty as residents can tell.
In Milton Keynes, I tell you, such beauty is not rare
For the roadside planting is quite beyond compare.
I marvel at the colours at every time of year,
And I am contented to have my dwelling here.

No comments:

Post a Comment